(Grain Free, Dairy Free)
Having a difficult time searching for the perfect sponge cake that is not only both grain and dairy free, but is also free of all of the processed flours and gums used to mimic gluten and dairy textures? Well your search stops here! This chocolate sponge cake is perfect for any occasion, birthday, holiday, or simply because you have a craving for some delicious chocolate cake. Not only is this recipe entrancingly tasty, it is also healthy and incredibly easy to make! No more hours in the kitchen trying to make a perfect cake, simply mix and slide it into the oven. It doesn’t get any better than that! Enjoy your Sinless Indulgence with this delectable recipe.
- 1 cup and 2/3 cup coconut oil
- 8 eggs, refrigerated
- 1 cup coconut flour
- ¾ cup cocoa powder
- 1 cup honey(pure maple syrup works just as well)
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 2 ½ tsp pure vanilla extract
- Melt coconut oil and set aside.
- Put eggs into a large mixing bowl.
- Sift in your dry ingredients, coconut flour and cocoa powder. Mix well.
- Add your honey to the batter and stir until combined.
- Take the set aside coconut oil and add it into the batter. Mix until well incorporated. Batter will be thin.
- Pour the batter into a 13×9 baking dish, or greased round cake pans for a layered cake. Spread evenly.
- Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Take cake out of the oven and let it cool.
- Once cooled, ice your cake with Dairy Free Chocolate Meringue Frosting.
(Store in refrigerator, but before serving, allow cake to reach room temperature. This allows for a better sponge texture.)