Having trouble getting lab work that you want? Rest at ease as there is a way to order labs without a doctor!
*Mention code: R-PFT when ordering to help maintain a good working relationship between the lab and this community!**
Lab Work Is Necessary
Lab work, weather it be blood, saliva, urine, or dried urine testing, is a necessary part of getting a good overall picture of how your body is doing. Labs can be the key to unlocking the mystery of an illness as well as being a harbinger of something brewing that needs your attention. The hardest part can be when you are wanting to have lab work done, and you are having trouble getting them because you can’t find a doctor to order them. During our journey of recovering health – suspected heavy metal toxicity and food sensitivities, seizures, migraines, estrogen dominance, low progesterone, low functioning thyroid, and various vitamin and mineral deficiencies – I was hard-pressed to find a doctor that was willing to work with me to help obtain the lab work that I knew my daughter so desperately needed. When I discovered that it was possible to order labs without a doctor, it was a game changer for her health recovery! We could finally get a good picture of what she was dealing with and had information to move forward to help her recovery.
How To Order Labs Without A Doctor
Passionate For Truth now has a working relationship with Direct Labs and is able to offer you the ability to order labs without a doctor or a prescription. By obtaining the proper lab work, you can see for yourself where your body may have issues, and have the tools to move forward in your healing/recovery. By being able to order labs without a doctor, you are able to bring your results to whatever health practitioner you may work with who can interpret your results so that you can begin a recovery plan.
Ordering direct through the Passionate For Truth link to Direct Labs gives you full access to all available labs with the convenience of collecting at home or at an authorized lab near you. DLS uses only CLIA-certified medical reference laboratories that offer many Patient Service Centers close to where you live or work. Be advised that neither Passionate For Truth, nor Direct Labs, is able to recommend any lab work, and both are unable to interpret lab results.
You can get started here: First you order your test online, through chat or by telephone here. To locate a particular lab test that you are interested in, click on “Order Tests” to find a complete list of lab tests available. You can also find labs specific to a category that is of interest to you. By clicking on ‘read more’ at any test, there is a complete list made available of all things tested in that particular test. After purchasing your test, you then print your requisition form from your secure MyDLS® account. Be sure to have the printed requisition for lab work with you when you go to the patient service center. The authorized lab will not be able to perform the test without a requisition. At the authorize lab in your area, blood is drawn by a certified phlebotomist. The results will be sent back to the Direct Labs office and are generally received within 24-48 hours for most tests. Once your results have been received, from you directly or from an outside lab draw, they will be uploaded to your secure online account for you to retrieve.
Please note: DirectLabs® does not accept Quest orders for customers under 18 years of age.
- Payment is made by credit card at the time the order is placed with DirectLabs®. We accept all major credit cards. The prices listed are all inclusive and no extra charges within the continental USA.
- Once you have placed your order, you will receive an automated confirmation email with an attached receipt.
- Within 2–4 hours, we will generate your requisition and upload it to your account during normal business hours. You will receive an email notifying you to log in to your account and print your requisition.
- You must be at least 18 years of age to order Quest tests from DirectLabs®.
- Orders placed outside of our normal business hours will be processed the next business day.
- You must have the requisition form provided by DirectLabs® prior to going to the PSC. If you are unable to print the requisition for your test, please call 1-800-908-0000.
- If you bring a requisition to the lab OTHER than the one provided by DLS, you will receive a bill from the lab for which you will be responsible, even if our requisition is meant to replace that one. Bring NO other requisition besides ours.
- If you bring your requisition to a lab other than one of our listed patient service centers, you will be responsible for the bill from that lab.
- If you would like a copy of your test results sent to your Healthcare Provider, you must log into your account and complete the online HIPAA form.
- After an order for wellness blood tests have been processed, you may cancel prior to the blood draw with a refund equal to the price of the test less a $25 cancellation fee, if cancelled within six (6) months from the date of order. There is no cancellation refund after six (6) months.
- Services not available in MD, NJ, NY and RI.
- Regardless of where you live, our requisitions can NOT be used at lab locations in the states of MD, NJ, NY and RI.
**Neither Passionate For Truth nor Direct Labs is authorized to interpret lab results. All interpretations must be done by your health practitioner.**
Laboratory services are for informational purposes only. It is not the intention of Passionate For Truth to provide specific medical advice but rather to provide users with information to better understand their health. Specific medical advice including diagnosis and treatment will not be provided. The test results are subject to the same privacy and release restrictions that HIPAA (The Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996) places on all medical records. The HIPAA Privacy Rule, protects the privacy of individually identifiable health information. Patients should be aware that test results will not automatically be forwarded to your physician or become a part of office medical records unless you make a specific request. Clients may request to release information to their physician, if they desire. Always seek the advice of a trained health professional for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment.
Passionate For Truth does not make any profit off of the lab results. It is for your benefit only. By using the special link given to Passionate For Truth by Direct Labs, you are helping to maintain a good working relationship for this community with the service that the lab offers.
**Disclaimer: I am not a doctor and I don’t play one here at Passionate For Truth. This is not medical advise. These remedies are shared for your benefit because of my own research and/or personal experience and are for educational purposes only. I hope to encourage you to research some of these possibly ‘newer’ ideas to you for yourself! Remedies shared are not meant to diagnose, treat, nor stated to cure any disease. Your medical decisions are completely up to you. None of these statements have been evaluated by the FDA. See my full disclaimer here: