Grain Free Silver Dollar Pumpkin Pancakes
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup chilled pumpkin puree (better yet, fresh local pumpkin, or other local squash/ayote available)
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp. clove
- Coconut oil for the pan
- Pure maple syrup, or other toppings for serving
- Warm a cast iron pan over medium high heat.
- Whisk together the eggs, pumpkin/squash puree, nutmeg, clove and cinnamon.
- Add about a tablespoon of coconut oil to the hot pan. Be sure to cover the bottom of the entire pan.
- Use one small ladle full of batter for each pancake, ‘silver dollar pancake’ size. They definitely flip much easier if they are that small.
- Cook until golden on the bottom and slightly opaque in the center and around the edges (for less ‘egg’ consistency, you can cook a little longer).
- Flip, brown the other side, and serve hot.
- Makes about 8 small pancakes.
I found that if you cook these a little bit longer, you will get a bit of a ‘crunch’ that really adds to the flavor and keeps it from seeming too ‘eggy’ in it’s finished texture. You can also play with the spices a bit to your satisfaction, but we loved it just like this with a light drizzle of pure maple syrup on top, or just an extra sprinkle of cinnamon if you are avoiding all ‘sugars’.
They are great re-heated in a toaster oven for a quick on the go snack as well!
- (1) 14 oz can of pumpkin yielded 6 servings (basically, enough for 6 people) using the recipe above.
- Chilling the pumpkin before adding it creates a thicker, fluffier pancake.
For more great ‘breadless’ bread recipes like this one, be sure to click here.
**For more bread replacement recipes like this one, sign up below to receive my free Ebook:
If you wish to share this recipe, please provide the link back to this recipe here on my website wherever you may share it. If you make changes to the recipe, I ask that you rewrite the recipe in your own words as well as provide a link back to this recipe giving credit as the original recipe that you adapted from. Thank you for your integrity and support! (Plus, I would love to know what changes you make in your own creativity and flavor palates so that we can all benefit from each other!)
Adapted from the original recipe from Wellness Mama
The information on this website is for educational purposes only, and is not intended to diagnose, treat or cure. Be sure to check with your health professional before making any changes. Please read Medical Disclaimer for more information.