Ever since realizing that healing from migraines, seizures, thyroid issues and estrogen dominance was going to include choosing to stay away from A1 casein for our dairy free for recovery life, we have had to make a concerted effort to arm ourselves with the best replacement recipes that we can find!
A dairy free existence can be really challenging at first, but having amazing tools and recipes to create things like this Dairy Free Decadent Chocolate Ice Cream becomes the game changer that helps you to never look back! Our Dairy Free Decadent Chocolate Ice Cream will allow you to get back to some of the finer things in life.
Savor this creamy treat after a healthy dinner, or add this to your Costa Rican coffee for an amazing iced mocha to make your morning extra special. Cure that chocolate craving in a healthy way!
Dairy Free Decadent Chocolate Ice Cream Ingredients:
- 4 1/2 cups coconut milk (about 2 cans). Watch for gum additives (like guar gum) as they can be harmful to a healing process.
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 1 Tbsp. pure vanilla
- 2 farm fresh eggs
- 2 serving spoons pure cacao
- Ice Cream Maker
- Whisk 2 eggs well in a glass bowl.
- Add sugar and continue to whisk the sugar in with the eggs until blended into a smooth mix.
- Add salt and vanilla and blend in well to the egg and sugar mix.
- Pour coconut milk into the bowl and mix all ingredients together.
- Chill this mix in the freezer for one hour before putting it into the ice cream maker. (This chills the mix to make a creamier end product without freezing the top with ice!)
- Take your frozen, prepared ice cream ‘drum’ out of the freezer and set up your ice cream maker.
- Start the ice cream maker, and slowly and gently pour the ice cream ingredients from your freezer into the center of the running ice cream maker.
- Let the ice cream maker run for a minimum 0f 20 minutes – you will know when your ice cream is ready by the thick and creamy texture.
- Scoop yourself a nice big bowl of healthy ice cream and store the rest in your freezer for another time!
*Dairy Free Vanilla Ice Cream
If you wish to share this recipe, please provide the link back to this recipe here on my website wherever you may share it. If you make changes to the recipe, I would ask that you rewrite the recipe in your own words as well as provide a link back to this recipe giving credit as the original recipe that you adapted from. Thank you for your integrity and support! (Plus, I would love to know what changes you make in your own creativity and flavor palates so that we can all benefit from each other!)
The information on this website is for educational purposes only, and is not intended to diagnose, treat or cure. Be sure to check with your health professional before making any changes. Please read Medical Disclaimer for more information.