Achieving the perfect cookie is an art form. The desired light crunch on the outside coupled with a soft center can create the perfect flavor explosion in your mouth if you have the right combination of ingredients. These grain free white chocolate macadamia nut cookies can do just that. They are also just the thing to dress up your cookie platter or keep tucked away in the freezer to pull out in that perfect moment when you are dying for something to go with your coffee. Gluten free, grain free, with the option of being dairy free, makes these grain free white chocolate macadamia nut cookies the perfect dessert, mid day snack, and are even healthy enough to call it breakfast on the run!
Grain Free White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup macadamia nut butter (2 cups macadamia nuts in blender)
- 1 cup white chocolate chips (optional if you are avoiding dairy)
- 1/2 cup chopped macadamia nuts
- Prepare the madacamia nut butter in the food processor. Be sure to scrape down the sides periodically with a spatula in order to bring it back all to the center. Make sure that there are no more chunks – you want a pure, smooth cream.
- Remove nut butter from food processor and place in a separate bowl for gently mixing in all other ingredients
- Separately, whisk egg and sugar together.
- Add egg and sugar mixture into the nut butter bowl.
- Add in baking soda to nut butter, stir well. (Mixture will thicken as stirred)
- Gently fold in white chocolate chips and chopped nuts. (Batter will be very moist)
- Scoop dough onto parchment lined cookie sheet.
- Press each dough ball with your fingers to flatten slightly.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 13 minutes until edges start to turn golden brown.
- Allow to cool on parchment sheet for 5 minutes, then move to cookie rack to complete cooling.
Yields 3-4 dozen, depending on the size of your ‘scooper’.
For more grain free recipes like this one, be sure to click here.